Thursday, September 28, 2006

Birth days

I just had another birthday. I used to get SO excited about this one day of the year. This time it wasn't much to get excited about. Really? Could that be it? I no longer am happy about having another celebration of my birth? OK. It is. I don't know why I felt that way either. Maybe because I am feeling older now instead of just getting older. Maybe it's because I have a son now and so my birthday takes a seat on the back burner (so to speak) by the memory and the celebration of his birth. So, it's not all about me. Maybe it was the dumb show I watched that got me upset because it brought up emotions that I am trying to suppress. Who knows, but whatever it was/is my birthday just doesn't bring the same excitement that it used to.

Now, I'm not saying all this to grouse (my new favorite word from my friend Beth) because I have a great life. In fact, the day after my birthday was great. My wonderful husband made me his pumpkin pie - yummmmm and brought me breakfast in bed. AHHHHHH. But it was also very relaxing to just hang out with Brian and Toby. I also swept and mopped the floors on the main level but that was also rewarding since it REALLY needed it.

The postman just brought me the gifts that Brian ordered for my birthday. Robin McGraw's new book and the 2nd season of Grey's Anatomy. Yes, I'm addicted. But it's such a "naughty" show for me, a Christian, to watch--despite the fact that Brian announced to everyone on Sunday that I love this show. Oh well. If this is my vice so be it. It's on tonight and I can't wait to see what happens next. So there.

I guess the point of all this is that even though there was no fan fare on my birthday (although there was a cake but that's another blog all together) I'm ok with that. I have Brian and Toby who celebrate me all throughout the year. Lately Toby is getting back into hugging and now kissing us again. What more do I need?



(BTW - the picture is from Toby's actual birth day. :)

No comments: