Sunday, September 17, 2006

Drummmmmmm



Brian is not only a preacher/teacher, but he's also a drummer. Anyone that went to our wedding might remember a little number he played with his brother ("Sweet Home Alabama") to close out the night. It was great. But, he's ALWAYS tapping or making some sort of percussional (is that a word?) noise. Oh, don't get me wrong, he's SOOOOOO MUCH better then when we were first married, but he still likes to "tap, tap, taparoo (thank you Happy Gilmore)." For someone, like me, that has ADHD, that's something that is so annoying - to the point where I don't hear anything else. Now, I've adjusted too, but some days, and mostly in the car, I'm more easily annoyed.

So, what was I thinking when I bought him a drum for our anniversary 2 years ago? I'm really not sure, but, it's the best gift I've given him. He uses it at church and with Toby - who also seems to have a propensity for drumming (or 'dummin' as he calls it). I love to watch and listen to them play together and to see Toby dance along to the beat. It's a great bond for them since I can't do much but try to mimic Brian! And it's a beautiful sound - even on those days when my fuse is shorter.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Thanks for letting me read your precious words! I miss you much friend and am sorry I am missing your little guy growing up.
Love you...